Monday 18 March 2013

Piecing it all together

The completed panel (almost, still needs backing!)
I have mostly spent my weekend stitching, I have arranged and stitched all the patches for the second quilt panel, and in the process have done over 7.5 m of whip stitch. I can't wait to put it together with the other panels and see how the whole thing looks.

First I stitched the strips together

Stitching

Detail of finished seam
I've been so impressed and inspired by the work produced during this project. People have really put a lot of time. thought and effort into the work and I think it shows. From people who have never picked up a needle to people who have been stitching for years everyone has come together to make something very special.

Panel detail

Patch detail, machine embroidery

Patch detail, applique and hand embroidery

Patch detail, applique and hand embroidery with buttons

Detail of the back

The back of the panel

Some of the needles that suffered in the making of this piece



No comments:

Post a Comment